Saturday, March 3, 2012

Getting Stronger & Healthier

It has been a week since I found four very little, very sick, stray kittens.  On Tuesday the 28th, I brought them and their mother in to the Animal Doctors http://www.theanimaldoctors.com.sg/ where they were examined by Dr. Leslie Hill.  She told me Mama is quite young (she could tell by how clean her teeth are) and she also told me that she thought the problem with the kittens eyes was Feline herpes (to learn more see http://www.peteyedoctor.com/620635.html ) Dr. Hill warned me that if the lesions ruptured then the eye could be permanently damaged.  She also told me that in cats a damaged eye often becomes cancerous so it is better in such a case to remove the damaged eye. 

Yesterday, I went to visit Mama, Black & White, Small, Medium and Large.  They were separated because someone has diarrhoea and the medical team at the Animal Doctors wants to find out who.  They are all in the same space and can hear each other.  Mama is in the cage on top.  The cage on the bottom has a divider with Small and Medium on the left, Black & White and Large on the right.  Everyone seemed very happy to see me and full of energy.  Denna, one of the veterinary nurses, commented to me on how much more energetic the kittens were already.


Small's eyes look so much better I have attached before and after photos (Small is on the right) so everyone can see what great work the team at The Animal Doctors is doing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your feedback!