Saturday, July 6, 2013

Issue #20

24 March 2013

Last month we completed a 30-Day Challenge at Curves and I was asked, along with others of the participants, to write something inspirational. I have been extremely remiss in writing the AFB but I hope you, my esteemed readers, will accept this humble offering.

Age is Not a Number; it’s an Attitude

This year Madonna and I will be 55 years old.  She isn’t showing any signs of slowing down and neither am I.  Madonna has a team of people to help her look that good and be that fit.  I do too – the Curves team!
By having fun challenges like the 30-Day Challenge, Curves keeps things interesting.  My goal this year was to get back to where I was last February.  At the end of the challenge I had lost a ½ kilo and 5.5 centimetres.  My percentage of body fat is, finally, back to being under 30.  This is all great news and very encouraging.

I was changing after my workout when I remembered that when we were little kids, my younger sister commented that she wished we had parents who played with us. Our parents were too old and too tired to play active, children’s games.  They were about 54 and 52.  They were old because they believed they were old and the society we live in supported that belief.

I am grateful to the Curves team for supporting me in my goals to stay young and active.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your feedback!